Vickie Winans, Brenda Nicholas : A Woman’s Journey (Mp3)
Get ready to take a breath-taking, musical journey that is bound to leave you inspired and encouraged in “A Woman’s Journey” featuring multiple Grammy Nominee Vickie Winans. Produced by John Redmon.
Here’s a compilation that pulls together a collage of cuts from female artists both nationally known and regionally honored. A Woman’s Journey from Reaching Records puts a distinctive female viewpoint on God’s good news.
Certainly, attention to this project is garnered by the inclusion of big songs, notably Vickie Winans’ interpretation of the Marvin Winans-penned classic, “Can I Build (My Home In You)?”.
Brenda Nicholas singing “It Is Well (With My Soul)” is also something that never grows tired.
But as Reaching Records record exec. John Redmon would no doubt admit, once your attention is gotten, it’s hard to pull away, for the several other songs on this project grab with equal force. The names may not be as well known, but no matter.
The rousing opening cut (“Praise the Lord!”) comes from the female group, Full Assurance, based in Orlando, Florida. Decatur’s Sallye Jones makes wonderful work in interpreting (and making her own) the Yolanda Adams hit, “The Battle Is The Lord’s”. In a similar traditional vein, Monique Hawkins-Flott sings out the hymn “I Must Tell Jesus”.
Choir representation is strong on the inspirational “Giving God The Highest Praise”, with Doris Jones out in front of the New Life SDA Church “Diva” Choir, out of Huntsville, Alabama. The same part of the country boasts the Oakwood College Aeolians, who deliver a gentle rendition of the lullaby, “God Loves His Children”, with Paula Wallace singing lead.
Ellen Fitzgerald Cherry and Cynthia Redmon both express experiential testimonies on their respective cuts.
Rounding out the collection is a dramatic cut, “Can You Take This Pain Away?” that succeeds in pulling you in to the drama. Featuring the rounded tones of Lorrie Lewis-Lyles and spoken interludes, the John Redmon song gives a modern spin on the Good Samaritan parable.
Eleven tracks of God-praising variety, it’s A Woman’s Journey.
- Praise the Lord! – FULL ASSURANCE
- God Loves His Children – PAULA WALLACE & THE OAKWOOD COLLEGE AEOLIANS
- Can I Build (My Home in You)? – VICKIE WINANS
- Can You Take This Pain Away? – LORRIE LEWIS-LYLES, JOHN REDMON (ON CD ONLY)
- Where Were You? (I Was There) – ELLEN FITZGERALD-CHERRY
- A Mother’s Journey – CYNTHIA REDMON
- I Must Tell Jesus – MONIQUE HAWKINS-FLOTT
- The Battle Is The Lord’s – SALLYE JONES
- It Is Well (With My Soul) – BRENDA NICHOLAS
- Giving God the Highest Praise – DORIS JONES & THE NEW LIFE “DIVA” CHOIR
- Praise the Lord! (David’s Praise) – DAVID ANDERSON (ON CD ONLY)
Watch A Woman’s Journey Album Ad
A Woman’s Journey Instrumental Tracks
You may also like…
- BeBe & CeCe Winans, Bible Songs, Choral/Choir, Committed, Compact Discs (CDs), Contemporary Christian, Crystal Lewis, Daniel Winans, Duets, Female Lead, Full Assurance, Gospel, Hymns, Inspirational, John Redmon, Love, Male Lead, Patti Labelle, Phil & Brenda Nicholas, Pop, Praise & Worship, R&B, Rap/Hip Hop, Rollah, Sallye Jones, Shirley Miller, Teri Simmons, The Jackson Family
- Add to cart
- Bible Songs, Choral/Choir, Compact Discs (CDs), Contemporary Christian, Cover/Tribute Songs, Female Lead, Fresh Start Baptist Church Children's Choir, Gospel, Hymns, Inspirational, John Redmon, Katie Reeves & The Sunrise UMC Children's Choir, Kids, KLJ2 Children's Choir, Love, Male Lead, Phil & Brenda Nicholas, Praise & Worship, Springs Adventist Academy, Theresa Morton, Thomas J. Dawson, Jr., Tina Lewis-Glenn, Youth of Emmanuel (YOE)
- Add to cart
- Ajani "AJ" Asante, Bible Songs, Choral/Choir, Contemporary Christian, Country, Cover/Tribute Songs, Dance/Electronic, Duets, Ellen Fitzgerald Cherry, Full Album, Full Assurance, Gospel, Inspirational, John Redmon, Lorrie Lewis, Love, Male Lead, MP3s, Patricia Daniels, Patriotic, Pop, Praise & Worship, R&B
- Add to cart